Drakelist Internet Relay ChatIRC is a form of instant communication over the Internet. It is intended for group (many-to-many) communication in discussion forums called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication.
Using IRC ProgramsIf you have a IRC-enabled browser (e.g. Opera or SeaMonkey/Firefox with ChatZilla installed), go to irc://irc.freenode.net/drakelist in your browser and then pick your nickname. If that doesn't work then with other IRC-capable programs like Attym, Pidgin/Gaim, X-Chat, irrsi, etc. enter irc.freenode.net as the chat server and #drakelist as the channel in the appropriate places.
Accessing the Echolist Chat Without an IRC Program InstalledIf you have no IRC program installed or prefer not to, you may use the Freenode Web Access site and any browser. You may either enter any nickname you wish but to use a Freenode registered nickname then check the box for “Auth to services” and also enter your username and password.
Drakelist IRC RulesPlease observe the few rules below (They are required):
- Be considerate - not everyone on the channel may appreciate foul language or personal attacks.
- Respect the users in the chat. Operators are indicated with the color Green or an @ symbol next to their nick, private message them about issues with other users (note this is the only time you may break rule 4)
- If you are unsure about anything related to IRC ask questions, we will assist you to the best of our abilities.
- Sending unsolicited Private Messages, (chatting back channel) is discouraged. If you feel it necessary to do so, please request permission from the other person cia a short request in the channel.
- Personal bots are not allowed. Ask for an exception; if an exception is made then it must have a '_bot' tag appended to the Nick. Any bot without it will be kicked.
- Cloning, i.e. more than one client logged in from the same address, is also discouraged.
- Violation of these rules is sufficient grounds for removal of access to the channel.
Use of the Freenode-hosted channel is subject to Freenode's policies and guidelines.
Return to Drakelist