ABBREVIATIONS & PROSIGNS/WORDS
RELATING TO CW OPERATIONS
Abbreviations, Prosigns, Prowords
CW--Phone (meaning or purpose)
- [AA]--(Separation between parts of address or signature.)AA--All after
(use to get fills).
- AB--An before (used to get fills).
- ADEE--Addressee (name of person to whom message addressed).
- [ADR]--Address (second part of message).AR--End of message (end of record
- AR is used at the end of a transmission when calling a specific station
before the two-way contact has been established. Use it in place of K or KN when
answering a CQ, or calling someone for a sked.
- ARL--(Used with "check," indicates use of ARRL numbered message in text).
- [AS]--Stand by; wait.
- B--More (another message to follow).
- BK--Break; break me; break-in (interrupt transmission on cw. Quick check
- [BT]--Separation (break) between address and text; between text and signature.
- C--Correct; yes.
- CFM--Confirm. (Check me on this).
- DE--From; this is (preceding identification).
- [HH]--(Error in sending. Transmission continues with last word correctlysent.)
- HX--(Handling instructions. Optional part of preamble.) Initial(s).
Single letter(s) to follow.
- [IMI]--Repeat; I say again. (Difficult or unusual words or groups.)
- K--Go ahead; over; reply expected. (Invitation to transmit .)
- N--Negative, incorrect; no more. (No more messages to follow.)
- NR--Number. (Message follows.)
- PBL--Preamble (first part of message)
- R--Roger; point. (Received; decimal point.)
- SIG--Signed; signature (last part of message.)
- [SK]--Out; clear (end of communications, no reply expected.)
- TU--Thank you.
- WA--Word after (used to get fills.)
- WB--Word before (used to get fills.)
Layout and Design Copyright © 2000 by K3HRN
All Rights Reserved